Memorials & Wells in Cologne
Visitors crossing the Roncalliplatz will find the Pixies’ Fountain.
Thousands of individually decorated “love locks” now decorate the Hohenzollern Bridge over the Rhine.
The famous Roman Fountain is next to Cologne´s Burgmauer.
The St. Martin neighborhood begins at the Fischmarkt square, the site of the Fischbrunnen.
On April 25, 1991, the “Golden Bird” landed on the staircase tower of the Cologne City Museum.
The Women’s Fountain is located in the inner courtyard of the Farina House.
The Jupp Schmitz statue
A statue in memory of the poet and comedian Jupp Schmitz is located on the square named after him.
The Ostermann Fountain, which was completed in 1939, stands on the Ostermannplatz square.
Adolf Kolping statue
The statue in memory of Adolf Kolping stands in front of the Minoritenkirche church in Cologne.
In the inner courtyard of the Cologne Museum of Applied Art there is a statue of an angel.
Albertus Magnus statue
The Albertus Magnus statue stands in front of the main building of the University of Cologne.
Cologne has countless monuments and fountains that bring history to life. A number of monuments throughout the city have been erected to commemorate beloved figures from Cologne’s history such as Willy Millowitsch, as well as well as famous kings and emperors. Among the latter are King Friedrich Wilhelm III of Prussia. The Heinzelmännchenbrunnen...