Practical questions at a glance
- Ria Money Transfer (Hohe Straße 142, 50667 Cologne)
- Reisebank in the Central Station (Trankgasse 11, Bahnhofsvorplatz, 50667 Cologne)
- At the ticket automats in the Central Station as well as the automats inside the tram or underground lines
- At the VRS booth in the travel desk/office (Reisezentrum) of the Central Station
- At the KVB booth in the Central Station (located in the lower level of the train station, which leads to the underground platform)
- In the lockers within the Central Station
- In the luggage deposit in the Central Station (in the lobby of the Central Station)
- A few lockers are available at the train station "Bahnhof Köln Messe-Deutz"
- At the cab/taxi stand next to the Cologne Tourist Board, Burgmauer
- At the cab/taxi stand at the Central Station (Bahnhofsvorplatz/Dompropst-Ketzer-Straße)
- Taxi-Ruf Köln (Tel.: +49 (0) 221 2882)
- Inside the underground car park at the Cathedral (Kurt-Hackenberg-Platz 2, 50667 Cologne)
- Inside the underground car park at the Philharmonic (Bischofsgartenstraße 1, 50667 Cologne)
- Inside the Central Station underground car park (Breslauer Platz 1, 50668 Cologne)
- At the public office in downtown Cologne (Laurenzplatz 1-3, 50667 Cologne)
- At the auto checkpoints and auto repairs which are generally responsible for major and exhaust pipe emissions of vehicles
- Markant Tankstelle (Rolshover Straße 420, 51105 Cologne; Tel.: +49 (0) 221 8301240, open daily 24 h)
- SB-Tankstelle Z. Hariklar (Schmittgasse 44, 51143 Cologne; Tel.: +49 (0) 2203 982111, opening hours Saturdays and Sundays: 8 a.m. till 8 p.m., Monday till Friday: 7 a.m. till 9 p.m.)
- SB-Tankstelle Keimes (Dellbrücker Hauptstraße 9-11, 51069 Cologne; Tel.: +49 (0) 221. 684754, opening hours Sundays: 8 a.m. till 10 p.m., Monday till Saturday: 7 a.m. till 10 p.m.)
More information on the Website of the City of Cologne.
- There is a Pharmacy (Apotheke im Hauptbahnhof) inside the Central Station (located at the platforms 10 & 11 at the backside exit towards Breslauer Platz)
- Dom-Apotheke (Bahnhofsvorplatz 1, 50667 Cologne)
- Mc Clean-WC Center in the Central Station (E-Passage, open 24 h)
- Railway mission in the Central Station (children's lounge, platform 1 E, accessible by elevator).
The room can also be used for undisturbed breastfeeding. It is possible to heat food in the microwave.
The railway mission is open daily from 7.00 - 19.00 hrs.
- In the DM supermarket (Minoritenstraße 1, 50667 Cologne)
- You can find lockers in the Central Station where it is also possible to charge mobile phones (A-Passage, next to the staircase leading to platform 1).
- The station mission offers to lend a wheelchair on deposit. It is important to call in advance, as a vehicle must always remain in the station mission. 49 (0) 221. 1395-438. The railway mission is open daily from 7.00 - 19.00 hrs.
The offer is free of charge, but you are welcome to make a donation.
- At the company Stortz (Fleischmengergasse 49-51, 50676 Cologne; Tel.: +49 (0) 221 949755 0, open Monday till Friday: 9:30 a.m. till 6 p.m., Saturdays: 10 a.m. till 2 p.m.).
- At the travel agency LufthansaCityCenter Frenzen on Breslauer Platz (Johannisstraße 54, 50668 Cologne)
- At the Kiosk at the roundabout on Marzellenstraße
- On the websites or via the apps of the different proprietors of long distance busses and trains
- From the Central Station you can take the S-trains S 6-19, all generally departing from platform 10
- Regional trains leaving from Central Station to Köln Messe-Deutz
- You can use the underground lines no. 3 or 4 from the stations Neumarkt or Appellhofplatz and get out at the stations Köln Messe-Deutz or Koelnmesse
- The tram lines no. 1 or 9 depart from Neumarkt or Heumarkt and bring you to the stop Köln Messe-Deutz
- With the train lines S19, RB27 or RE6 to the station Köln/Bonn Airport (approx. 15 minutes travel time).