We will be happy to help film teams get a filming permit if they are working on a production related to tourism. Judith Blümcke and Nadja Brahm are the contact persons who will be pleased to respond to your inquiry. You can reach them at presse(at)koelntourismus.de.
© KölnTourismus GmbH, Dieter Jacobi
Please note the following information
- If the film team will be moving around without any large equipment (such as a tripod), no permit for filming within the city limits is required.
- If your production requires equipment and larger teams, you must apply to the City of Cologne for a permit to film in public areas within the city limits.
Please note: There are exemptions for filming at the Domplatte (Cathedral Square) and some other locations in the city.
- If you are working with a tripod or similar equipment, you must request a general filming permit from the City of Cologne at drehgenehmigungen(at)stadt-koeln.de. This permit is valid for two weeks between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. and costs €80 as a one-time fee. The request must include information about the filming dates and locations.
- You can find information and contact details here: Filming permits for film and television recordings (only in German)
- If you wish to film inside buildings such as Cologne Cathedral, the central train station, a museum etc., you must request permission from the owner of the building. If you do any filming at Cologne’s Christmas markets, you also need to request permission from the operator of each market in question.