We are constantly updating this page for you, keep informed here.
Corona in Cologne
Efforts to contain COVID-19+++ September 20, 2021 +++
Dear Cologne visitor,
the decisions of the federal and state governments to contain the corona pandemic have been incorporated into the statewide Corona Protection Ordinance (only in German) and the associated hygiene and infection protection regulations (only in German).
- The current incidence figure in Cologne can be found here: Development of case numbers
- The most important questions and answers concerning the currently valid regulations can be found here: FAQ on the Corona Protection Ordinance (only in German)
- You can find information about the mask obligation here: mask obligation (only in German)
- Fully vaccinated, recovered and negatively tested people are equal in certain areas. Information can be found here: Equality (only in German)
- The following test methods are used for the detection of corona: Test methods (only in German)
- The current valid coronavirus entry regulation can be found here: Corona entry regulation (only in German)
- The most important information about the entry regulations is summarized here: Entry regulations (only in German)
- Detailed information on safe travel can also be found in the federal "Tourism Guide": www.tourismus-wegweiser.de (only in German).
- The classification of international risk areas is carried out by the Robert Koch Institute. You can find out whether you have been in a risk area by checking this list: international risk areas
- The most important questions and answers about the coronavirus pandemic and the measures taken by the NRW state government to contain it can be found here: FAQ on the coronavirus (only in German).
You can also inform yourself here about rules, measures, regulations and tips from the state government: Corona virus in North Rhine-Westphalia (only in German).
- An official quarantine order is issued when there is a high risk of being infected. All information can be found here: Corona Test and Quarantine Ordinance (only in German).
- Breaches of the Corona Protection Ordinance are punished by the competent authorities as administrative offences as follows: Administrative offences (only in German).
The city of Cologne has agreed on the following (additional) measures with the North Rhine-Westphalia State Center for Health and the Cologne district government: Current coronavirus rules in Cologne.
Information on Corona testing services in Cologne and the development of case numbers can be found here: Corona virus (City of Cologne).
The official German Corona Warning App for the fight against the Corona virus is available. All information about the free app can be found here: Corona-Warn-App. The download is voluntary: App-Store | Google Play Store. Support us in our fight against Corona.
You can get updates on the situation on site here or via our social media channels.
Due to the special situation, we can no longer guarantee the correctness of opening and playing times on our website. If you have already bought tickets, please contact your organizer. At the moment, these precautions are essential for everyone's safety. We hope for your understanding and are sure that the situation will ease again in the foreseeable future.
Your KölnTourismus team
- KölnTourismus: +49 (0) 221 346 43 0
- Outpatient health insurance association: +49 (0) 221 116 117
- NRW Ministry of Health hotline: +49 (0) 211 855 477 4
- Airport: +49 (0) 2203 40 400 1
- City of Cologne: +49 (0) 221 221 33 500
Up-to-date information on the coronavirus can be found on the website of the Robert Koch Institute.