The fact that two different railway lines cross at different levels in the station makes Cologne-Deutz station a tower station. This corresponds to the origins of the railway facilities at this location. When the expansion of the railway network began in the 19th century, two competing railway companies, the Köln-Mindener Eisenbahn-Gesellschaft and the Bergisch-Märkische Eisenbahn-Gesellschaft, met in Deutz. The facilities were remodelled with the construction of the cathedral bridge in 1859 and the associated connection to what was then Cologne's central railway station. This was followed by further conversions of the stations into one facility, until finally in 1913 the nationalisation of the railways also led to the standardisation of Deutz station. A large part of the external and internal building elements of the station site are listed buildings.
The historic railway station has grown steadily and has developed into a hub in parallel with its surroundings. Whether for trade fairs or congresses, sporting events or concerts, local recreation on the Rhine or in the park, or a visit to the Veedel, people usually arrive in Cologne-Deutz and / or depart from there, as is the case with a railway station.
Suitable for any weather
for individual guests
Suitable for the Elderly